NAMM 2018 Bloodwood / Ebony Yin Yang Monarch 4 Deluxe
No NAMM show is complete without a custom Fodera Yin Yang, so naturally NAMM instrument #4 for 2018 is a Yin Yang Monarch 4 Elite. This Yin Yang features a top inlay made from Bloodwood and Ebony, a wood combination we’ve never used on this design before but have been dreaming of trying for years! The deep, visceral red of the Bloodwood plays with the dark Ebony even better than we had expected. Of course, wouldn’t leave it at just the Yin Yang. We also used Bloodwood and Ebony wings on the butterfly headstock logo, and Bloodwood dots on the fingerboard!
On the tone wood side, this instrument uses an Ash body, Alder tone block, and Presentation-grade Birdseye Maple fingerboard. Tonally, this bass has a punchy, articulate tone with a powerful low end, precise midrange, and snappy, percussive highs.
- 34″ scale length
- 24-frets (large), 19.0 mm string spacing
- Bloodwood / Ebony Yin Yang top (solid)
- Ash body
- Alder toneblock
- Birdseye Maple fingerboard, Bloodwood dot inlays
- 5-pc Maple w/ Wenge stringers
- Fodera / Pope Custom 3-band preamp
- Monarch control layout
- Fodera / Seymour Duncan Dual Coil pickups