NAMM 2018 Black Burst Imperial MG 5 Elite
NAMM instrument #2 for 2018 is an Imperial MG 5 Elite featuring a Alder body, Alder tone block, and Macassar Ebony fingerboard. This combination provides this bass with a powerful and punchy tone with a deep, dark low end, precise midrange, and piano like highs.
This NAMM bass is also our first high-gloss neck-through bass and features a gorgeous Black Burst finish over a Curly Maple top. In keeping with the color finish theme, it also feature matching high-gloss pickup covers and headstock with a satin finished neck. This eye-catching combination of a high-gloss burst finish with a figured non-solid top creates a striking that we absolutely love. Add to that intricately figured Macassar Ebony fingerboard, and you’ve got one incredible looking bass!
- Imperial MG
- 33″ scale length
- 26-frets (large), 17.5 mm string spacing
- Curly Maple top (non-solid)
- Alder body
- Alder toneblock
- Macassar Ebony fingerboard, Mother of Pearl dot inlays
- 5-pc Maple w/ Purpleheart stringers
- Fodera / Pope Custom 3-band preamp
- Matt Garrison control layout
- Fodera / Seymour Duncan Dual Coil pickups