Emperor II Hybrid
*Click on the Thumbnail for the full-sized image*
The journey from concept to the Emperor II Hybrid has been long and complex, but we are very excited to be offering (for the first time), our patented Hybrid design in a more affordable package that delivers a truly unique combination of tone and playability.
Based on our flagship instrument, the Presentation II, the Emperor II Hybrid, shares the complex internal structure, and many other vitally important design nuances that make them truly unique and sonically stunning instruments. The Emperor II Hybrid, however, features a reduced body size and scale length that not only makes the instrument more player-friendly but also enables it to be comfortably played on a strap. Tonally, it is frankly impossible to adequately describe exactly how a Hybrid sounds. It is expansive with rich sustain, depth, nuance, and is incredibly even throughout its entire range. Deep, thundering lows give way to clear, rich mids, and bright, articulate highs with a piano-like quality. In addition, this model features our Fodera / Pope Custom Shop 3-Band Preamp for added tonal flexibility paired with one Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickup. We are thrilled with the way the instrument sounds and plays! Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Specs for the Emperor II Hybrid include:
- 34-inch scale
- Choice of 19.0mm bridge 5-string or 17.5mm bridge 6-string
- 3 1/8th-inch thick hollow-body premium Alder hollow body with laminated Alder back
- 3-piece Red Oak neck
- Choice of Flame Koa, Flame Maple, Curly Walnut or Holly flat (non-carved) top
- Fodera Custom Shop Bridge (Brass)
- One (1) Duncan / Fodera Dual Coil pickup (with option for two pickups)
- Pope / Fodera Custom Shop 3-band Preamp
- Straplocks (so the bass may be played in standing position)