We’re honored this month to be featured in Bass Player Magazine’s June issue alongside Marcus Miller and Nate Mendel featuring the first full review of our Emperor 5 Standard Classic!
As you know, at January’s NAMM Show we introduced a new line of Standards called the Classic Series. This month’s Bass Player Magazine has the first public review of one of the Classics and we wanted to share it with you. We are particularly proud of the opening sentence of the last paragraph of the review…
“The Fodera Emperor Standard Classic is essentially a perfect bass in an objective sense” – Jonathan Hererra
The Emperor 5 Standard Classic features the very best of our 31 years of building experience in an instrument that blends the tone, playability and pro-player reliability bass players have come to expect from Fodera with a more traditional, “Classic” look that will be at home in any playing situation.
As you probably know, every one of our Custom instruments has been built by hand in Brooklyn, New York. The vast majority of these instruments have featured tops made from various exotic woods from all over the world. As much as this has historically been our “look,” there have been many players over the years that have expressed the desire to play a Fodera but either due to the requirements of their gig, or purely based on personal taste, want a more “traditional” looking instrument. The Emperor 5 Standard Classic and its sister, the Monarch 4 Standard Classic, are designed to meet this need.
The Emperor 5 Standard Classic is handcrafted here in our Brooklyn shop by the same people, using the same materials as our other Standard and Custom instruments. These instruments are currently available for pre-order and will be available in stock this summer through our dealer network.
• Hand selected, aged tone woods
• Compound radius fingerboard
• Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple neck
• High-mass, proprietary, adjustable, bell-brass bridge
• Fodera / Duncan proprietary Dual Coil Pickups
• Fodera / Pope 3-band proprietary internal Preamp
• Customer’s choice of wood combinations (Ash / Maple or Alder / Rosewood)
• Customer’s choice of paint colors (Vintage Sunburst, Red, Black or White)
• Customer’s choice of pickguards (3-ply Tortoiseshell, Black or White)