Monarch Standard Classic
The Monarch 4 Standard Classic features the very best of over 30 years of building experience in an instrument that blends the tone, playability and pro-player reliability bass players have come to expect from Fodera with a more traditional look that will be at home on any stage. Hand-selected Alder or Ash bodies, quarter-sawn 3-pc Rock Maple necks, with Birdseye Maple or Indian Rosewood fingerboards delivers classic tonal combinations, while a PLEK’d compound-radius fingerboard provides the effortless playability Fodera has become known for. Add to that the powerful sustain and resonance from our fully adjustable, custom designed, bell-brass bridge, and the Monarch 4 Standard Classic delivers the look and feel you’ll only get from a hand-crafted Fodera bass.
The Monarch 4 Standard Classic features a set of our Fodera/Duncan dual-coil pickups and the Fodera/Pope Standard Preamp with 3-band EQ. Designed in collaboration with Seymour Duncan, our passive Dual Coil pickups were designed to provide a punchy and focused tone with a natural and smooth upper midrange. Compared to an active soapbar style pickup, the tone is warmer and more organic. Wired in parallel, these pickups offer a noise-free single coil sound with added body and weight yet come with the added flexibility of full single-coil operation providing the snap, warmth, and mid-range punch of classic single-coil Jazz Bass pickups. Designed for optimal performance, our 3-band Fodera / Pope preamp offers an incredibly low noise flow, a very musical sounding EQ, and active / passive operation for the utmost reliability and flexibility whether you’re on stage or in the studio. Together, these electronics let you tailor your tone, from deep and round to bright and punchy and everything in between.
Handcrafted here in our Brooklyn, New York shop by the same team utilizing same materials as our Custom instruments, the Monarch Standard Classic is built to offer a lifetime of enjoyment with over three decades of craftsmanship behind every note you’ll play.
• Hand selected, aged tone woods
• PLEK’d Compound radius fingerboard
• 3-pc Quarter-sawn Hard Rock Maple neck
• High-mass, proprietary, adjustable, bell-brass bridge
• Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
• Fodera / Pope 3-band Preamp
• Customer’s choice of wood combinations (Ash / Maple or Alder / Rosewood)
• Customer’s choice of paint colors (Vintage Sunburst, Fiesta Red, Black, Olympic White, Candy Apple Red, Charcoal Mist, Pelham Blue, and Butterscotch Blonde)
• Customer’s choice of pickguards (3-ply Tortoiseshell, Black or White)