*Click on the Thumbnail for the full-sized image*
The Monarch made its debut in 1983 and is now enjoying its third decade of popularity. The Monarch, notable for its ergonomic design, was carefully engineered to ensure perfect balance and maximum comfort. This model is especially popular among players who prefer a more compact instrument.
Victor Wooten, who purchased a Monarch in 1983 (Fodera #037) considers this to be his #1 bass, and Marcus Miller who bought a Monarch fretless bass in ’84 still uses it regularly.
The Monarch Deluxe features a “heel-less” neck to body junction that we originally pioneered in the early 1980s. This model comes standard with dovetail construction (set neck), and a 34″ x 24 fret three piece neck built from highly select and aged hard maple. Mahogany is the standard body wood, but the Monarch is also available in Walnut, Ash or Alder. East Indian Rosewood, Ebony, and Birdseye Maple are the available wood choices for fingerboards. The Monarch is also available in Elite (neck-through) and Bolt-on versions.
Frequent specs for the Monarch include:
Body Wood Options
- Mahogany, Alder, Ash, or Walnut Body
- Wide Variety of Topwoods
- Solid or Non-Solid Topwood
- Indian Rosewood, Ebony, Birdseye Maple, or Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- 3-pc Hard Rock Maple Neck
- Mother-of-Pearl or Abolone Inlays
- Bolt-On, Dovetail, or Neck-Through Construction
- 33″, 34″, 35″, or 36″ Scale Length
- 4, 5, or 6 String Configuration
- Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
- Fodera Monarch Control Layout
- Wide Variety of Pickups Availible
Complete Customization of All Specs is Available