*Click on the Thumbnail for the full-sized image*
The Imperial Series (our 3rd single cut design) was first produced in late 1989. The very first Imperial came about through a collaboration with our dear friend and notable N.Y.C. session ace, Lincoln Schlieffer. Lincoln, intrigued by the then-new single cutaway concept, asked if we could design yet another unique style of single cutaway bass.
The result of course: The Imperial. One of our most versatile styles, the Imperial is our most compact standard single cut body style. It can be built in all scale lengths and wood/pickup combinations.
Other wonderful bassists who play an Imperial include Lincoln Goines, Richard Bona, and Anthony Wellington… just to name a few.
Frequent specs for the Imperial include:
Body Wood Options
- Mahogany, Alder, Ash, or Walnut Body
- Wide Variety of Topwoods
- Indian Rosewood, Ebony, or Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- 3-pc Hard Rock Maple Neck
- Mother-of-Pearl or Abalone Dot Inlays
- Neck-Through Construction
- 33″, 34″, 35″, or 36″ Scale Length
- 4, 5, or 6 String Configuration
- Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
- Fodera Emperor Control Layout
- Wide Variety of Pickups Available
Complete Customization of All Specs is Available