How to Order A Fodera
SO YOU HAVE DECIDED THAT IT IS TIME TO EXPERIENCE A FODERA…
Over the years, we have developed relationships with a wonderful group of dedicated dealers that are knowledgeable about our instruments and can help guide you through the key decisions necessary to ensure a perfect match between you and your instrument. Of course we would also welcome the opportunity to work with you directly. There is no pricing advantage to ordering your instrument directly with us or though a dealer. Whatever works best for you is fine with us!
We offer three lines of instruments: The Standard Series and the Custom Series basses as well as our Electric Guitar Series.
Our Custom Series (guitars and basses) offers a very different buying experience. Literally every aspect of your instrument can be customized and although the process varies somewhat, the following is an overview of what to expect:
- Initial ideas about tone, specifications and playing style are discussed (via email and or telephone).
- A rough specification list / quote is developed (Click here for a list of no-charge options) (Click here for our full price list).
- Specifications are refined and a formal quote is generated (please note that ALL specifications may be changed up until four one month prior to the production start date.)
- A deposit of 30% is paid.
- A Production Date for your instrument is established and emailed to you.
- You will be contacted roughly 3 months in advance of your Production Date to verify all specifications and/or make any necessary changes.
- Presently delivery times (from the date we receive your deposit) are running at approximately 9 months.
- The remaining 70% balance for your instrument will be requested roughly two weeks prior to the instrument being complete.