2016 Bloodwood Emperor 4 Elite
This Emperor 4 Elite was built for NAMM 2016 and was designed with team members Laura, Chris, and Phil. This bass features an Alder body, Black Limba tone block, and a very special (and extremely rare) Tulipwood fingerboard. Tulipwood is not a typical fingerboard material for us, but it is a relative of the Rosewood family and has a sound similar to a hypothetical blend of Rosewood and Maple. Tonally, this bass is on the warm side of the spectrum with a deep, fat low end, rich, growling mids, and sweet, round highs.
This instrument also features a gorgeous figured Bloodwood solid top, and matching wooden pickup covers. The Tulipwood fingerboard contains a very unique combination of sapwood and heartwood that lends it it’s striking look! This bass is truly a feast for the eyes and the ears!
- Alder Body, Black Limba Tone Block
- Bloodwood Topwood
- 5-pc Maple Neck w/ Ebony Stringers, Tulipwood FB
- Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups in Wooden Pickup Covers
- 34 inch scale, 24 large frets, 4-strings
- Ebony Dot Inlays
- Black Fodera 19.0mm Custom Bridge
- Fodera / Pope 3-Band Custom Preamp
- Emperor Control Layout