2016 Amboyna Burl Imperial MG 5 Elite
This MG-Shaped Imperial 5 is one of the instruments built for the 2016 NAMM show, and was designed with Fodera team members Andres and James. This bass features an Ash body, Walnut tone block, and Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. This somewhat rare (for us) wood combination yields a wonderfully balanced tone with a powerful, punchy low end, ever-so-slightly compressed mids, and warm yet articulate and highly nuanced highs. With 33” scale, 26 frets, E-C tuning and narrow string spacing, this bass is very well suited to chordal and melodic playing, but has no problem holding down a fat groove!
This instrument also features a super-rare Golden Amboyna Burl solid top with matching wooden pickup covers and ramp, as well as Abalone block inlays and a 5-piece Maple neck with Bubinga stringers! Don’t forget to check out the close-up photos to see the intricate figure of that stellar top!
- Ash Body, Walnut Tone Block
- Golden Amboyna Topwood
- 5-pc Maple Neck w/ Bubinga Stringers, Brazilian Rosewood FB
- Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups in Wooden Pickup Covers
- 33 inch scale, 26 small frets, 5-strings
- Abalone Block Inlays
- Black Fodera 17.5mm Custom Bridge
- Fodera / Pope 3-Band Custom Preamp
- Matt Garrison Control Layout